Saturday, January 16, 2010

Anyone who has used Paxil to control anxiety... Feedback please?

Did it help? Did it not work? How were the side effects? Were you able to ween off of it fine? After you quit did you start having anxiety problems again or did it help you long term?





Anything additional please add.





I've always been sort of anti-drugs/pills when it comes to all these pills on the market, but my anxiety has gotten so severe that pills cant make my life any worse if you know what I mean. So I'm currently debating Paxil, I was told by my doctor after I explained this to him, that Paxil has hardly any side effects and hes never had a patient thats had a bad reaction to it.





And please, don't respond unless you've taken it, or known someone that takes/taken it. Thx :)Anyone who has used Paxil to control anxiety... Feedback please?
i've been on it for the past 5 weeks, for my anxiety problems-social phobia/panic disorder. honestly, i'm feeling great. my anxiety has significantly decreased; i don't feel overwhelmed to the point of feeling hopeless, im thinking more clearly, and overall feeling better. my appetite has decreased-which isn't a down for me-but i was nauseous the first few days i took it...i didn't throw up or anything. but one side effect that i'm only recently noticing is i've developed restless leg syndrome-which is quite annoying. i researched it, and it is a possible side effect of paxil. but, the results i'm getting from the paxil are good enough that i'm just going to put up with it for now. it does effect my sleep.


i would recommend it. i was on wellbutrin before i started the paxil, but the wellbutrin didn't do anything for me.


hope it helpsAnyone who has used Paxil to control anxiety... Feedback please?
I was on it once - it was OK. I don't remember side effects and I don't remember anything that happen after weening off of it - this was awhile ago. Eventually I went on Chlorazopam an anti-anxiety which works well especially for physical symptoms (unless you go off of it. Going off can cause panic attack). Also limit your sugar intake and eat a healthy diet. Get lots of exercise. Talk about your problems - often after a panic attack it may actually be possible to laugh about it - surprising but true. I think cognitive therapy (REALLY talking about the problem too) can really reduce the severity of attacks. Getting over anxiety takes more than just medication in my view - it takes dealing with issues head-on and working on yourself. I also went on Lamictal to help with concentration due to anxiety and that helped a lot (that is an off-label use btw - it is mainly used for bi-polar and seizures...)

No comments:

Post a Comment