Saturday, January 16, 2010

Could you give us some feedback on our infection control inspired fob watch, http://www.decon-time-inate.co.uk

We would like you guys to act as a sort of focus group on our infection control inspired nurses fob watch. it is fully washable to get rid of transient bugs, such as mrsa, c-difficile etc.





http://www.decon-time-inate.co.uk





let us know your thoughts





thanks johnCould you give us some feedback on our infection control inspired fob watch, http://www.decon-time-inate.co.uk
Our two pain relief nurses have a full selection of colours-and swear by them. unfortunately i am a theatre nurse-so still not allowed one (that's really not for h%26amp;s reasons, it's so we don't know when it's hometime!!)


But in theory-fab idea. Hope it takes off for youCould you give us some feedback on our infection control inspired fob watch, http://www.decon-time-inate.co.uk
The theory looks sound, but how effective are they in practice?





As others have already questioned, what's the life expectancy of the fob? How waterproof are they? Can cleansers/detergents be used on them?





Maybe, as a company, you should have considered handing out free samples to nursing staff on the proviso that they completed an evaluation/feedback form at the end of the test period.
When I worked on the floor, I wore a watch at work. I needed it to be on my wrist to be able to have my hands free to work. If a watch is pinned on your uniform, that requires one hand to lift the watch and look at it for the time, so you only have one hand to work with. I don't think I would have bought this type of watch. The nurses I see on the floor still wear watches on their wrists.





The last 6 years, I have worked in the NICU/Nursery (2 different hospitals). For those departments, you are constantly washing hands and dealing with messes and are not allowed to wear watches, rings, bracelets, etc. There are clocks on every wall so a watch isn't needed. I wouldn't wear one of these now, because I either wouldn't want my dirty hands reaching up to see what time is was, or my hands would be ';to busy'; to be free to check the time.
Seems like an obvious answer to a problem... Just how water-resistant is the mechanism? %26amp; what's the anticipated 'life' of the fob ? How big is it? could the hand gel be used on it? How reliable/sturdy is the time piece? Any plans for more colours than those shown? (I'd like purple....-I know...picky!)


Good to see NHS workers can get a discount - the cost (not including p%26amp;p) is less than I paid for the cheapest metal one I could get.
WELL !!


What a clever idea !


Wristwatches should be banned for nurses and doctors.


Fob watches have always been a popular choice.


These are ';the business';


Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment