Monday, January 18, 2010

Controlling Feedback on Guitar Amp?

I have been having loud piercing feedback, not the good kind of feedback with my Fender Telecaster Deluxe ReIssue, would replacing the Humbucker pickups or adjusting the pole pieces help? I have tried standing further away and my volume on my guitar and on the amp is set pretty lower, at like 1 or 1 1/2 on the amp and maybe half way up on the guitar.


The amp is a Carvin Valve Master Tube Amp 50/100 watt Amp.


What should I do, I dont know if it is the amp or the guitar?Controlling Feedback on Guitar Amp?
It sounds like the guitar is going what they call microphonic. It is a condition in which one of the pickups is going out or has issues. If you put your hand over the pickup and the sound stops you know you have your culprit. If that is the case you need to replace the pickup with one that is equal or better....and your shreik will go away.Controlling Feedback on Guitar Amp?
It may be the Cord going from the Amp to the Guitar has a short in it. Or there is a loose connection in the jack of the Amp itself or the Guitar.
i think the best option is to try the guitar in a other amp as well as try other guitars in that amp.. that way you can find the problem.. are you facing the guitar toward the speakers ? that will cause feedback like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment